Romania records the highest economic growth in the EU

Romania recorded the highest economic growth in the European Union in the third quarter of this year compared to the previous three months, according to estimates from the statistical office of the European Union (Eurostat). With a 1.8% quarterly growth, Romania is a leader in the EU, followed by Poland (0.9%), the UK, Slovenia and Greece (0.7% for all of them). Decreases were recorded in Cyprus (-0.4%), Austria (-0.3%) and Italy (- 0.1%). The Eurozone economy went up by 0.2% after a 0.1% advance in the previous quarter, while the European Union economy overall registered a 0.3% growth after a 0.2% advance in the second quarter. Source: romania-insider.comTags: , ,